Friday, May 21, 2010

Afterglow

It's 86 degrees outside, but the room is shadowed,
darkened against the sun by our heavy white shades.
My sleepy eyes trace the splotchy black and white patterns on the walls.

I lie splayed out across the bed, my naked body a pale form
amongst the dark tangle of sheets thrown carelessly
from our once neatly made king-sized bed.

The fan above me races around in endless circles.
I watch the white sash that frames my window swaying gently,
and am grateful for the cool air that traces my sweat soaked skin.

He has already left the room, but all I want is to lie here;
Used, loved, sore, damp, fulfilled.
Totally at peace with my little world.

~Little Butterfly

(click to read more from Little Butterfly... Thank you LB for your wonderful poem!)

No comments:

Post a Comment